With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, its time to start thinking of how you can show your love, just how much they mean to you. Instead of the traditional flowers, candy and stuffed animal, think outside of the box and plan a weekend getaway to New York City just for the two of you. From an amazing stay to the best site seeing, here is my breakdown of how to make your trip romantically unforgettable.
There are many hotel options in New York, but none compare to Cambria Hotel And Suites. With two stunning locations in Times Square and Chelsea, each offer spacious, relaxing accommodations for an incredible value. Both hotels offer oversized rooms, spa-like bathrooms, luxurious bedding, and lush towels. To make your weekend a little sweeter, take advantage of the Cambria Coaster Program; upon arrival, guests can receive a Cambria Coaster to redeem a free drink at the cocktail bar.
In the heart of the city, the Cambria Times Square is just a short walk away from the city’s most famous attractions such as Radio City Music Hall, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and the Theater District. One of my absolute favorite things about Cambria Times Square are the rooms with a terrace. Imagine yourself overlooking the city skyline, taking in fresh air just from stepping right outside your room. Valentines Weekend rates start as low as $167 + taxes.
Immerse yourself in one of New York’s most vibrant neighborhoods with a stay at Cambria Chelsea. Located in the flower district, Cambria Chelsea’s charming decor is perfect for any couple. Visit their rooftop lounge overlooking the city with iconic views of Manhattan and Freedom Tower. No visit to Chelsea would be complete without visiting the Chelsea Market, just a short walk from the hotel entrance. Valentines Weekend rates start as low as $184 + taxes.
Best Site Seeing
If you’ve got just a 3 day weekend to take in the city, here are my recommendations for how to make the most of it.
1. Visit the famous LOVE Sculpture by Robert Indiana located at 1350 Avenue of the Americas (at W 55th St) for the perfect Instagram snapshot.
2. Grab a pizza slice from iconic pizzerias like NY Pizza Suprema or Luzzo’s
3. Steal a kiss on the Brooklyn Bridge
4. Enjoy a Broadway Show together
5. and 6. Stroll though Central Park and take a horse and carriage ride.
7. Ice Skate at the Rink at Rockefeller Center
8. Visit a museum together. I highly recommend the MoMa or Whitney Museum.
9. Buy Something special on 5th Ave
10. Use this top 1oo list to select a spot for an amazing dinner together