By Leonard Scriven of Love & Primal
These aren’t just another stuffed burger. They are full of cauliflower; boosting the nutritional benefits, as well as adding great texture and flavor.
Here’s some information about the two primary ingredients: Grass-fed beef and cauliflower.
Grass-fed beef may have some heart-health benefits that other types of beef don’t have. When compared with other types of beef, grass-fed beef may have: Less total fat, more heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, more conjugated linoleic acid, a type of fat that’s thought to reduce heart disease and cancer risks, and more antioxidant vitamins, such as vitamin E. [Mayo Clinic]
There are several studies linking cauliflower-containing diets to cancer prevention, particularly with respect to the following types of cancer: bladder cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and ovarian cancer. This connection between cauliflower and cancer prevention should not be surprising, since cauliflower provides special nutrient support for (1) the body’s detox system, (2) its antioxidant system, and (3) its inflammatory/anti-inflammatory system. [WHF Foods]
* Unless otherwise noted, we recommend using organic, locally grown vegetables and organic grass fed meats and dairy (Primal) ingredients. Omit dairy, especially cheese ingredients, if you are Paleo.
- Ground beef, lean, 16 oz
- Cauliflower, 1 head, florets
- Cheddar cheese, 6 oz
- 0.5 cup diced jalapeno
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt, .5 tsp
- Garlic, minced, 1 tsp
- Butter, salted, 1 tbsp
- Jalapenos, sliced, ¼ cup
- Bacon pieces, ¼ cup (optional)
- 2 heads bib lettuce (optional)
- Cook cauliflower until tender (Microwave covered with NO water added for approx 6 minutes on high).
- Process cauliflower, 2 oz cheddar cheese, butter, salt, garlic, and black pepper (to taste) until smooth with food processor.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. Thoroughly fold in about ½ of the cauliflower mixture before forming patties.
- Note: Cauliflower holds a lot of moisture, so try this… 1)after microwaving the cauliflower squeeze out as much moisture as you can with a towel or cheese cloth and 2) substitute 2 oz of cheddar cheese for the yogurt. Also, after forming patties, you can refrigerate for a ½ hour or so to help them hold together.
- Form 8 to 12 patties (depending on if you want 4 larger or 6 smaller stuffed burgers).
- Place an indent with your thumb in half of the patties. This is where you will place the fillings.
- Evenly distribute the cheddar, jalapenos, (and optional bacon) among the indented half of the patties.
- Top each with another patty and press the edges together to form a seal.
- Cook on a hot grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side depending on desired temp. (Can also cook on a Foreman grill or stove top.)
Spicy Cheddar Cauliflower Stuffed Burgers