By Sarah Scriven of LoveAndPrimal.com
#1 on my “list”? A man who could make me L.A.U.G.HWhether you have a “list” or not, chances are you love to laugh and no one loves to laugh more than I do! That is why one of the number one things on my “list” was to find a man who could make me laugh and not just for the first couple of months but someone who could make me laugh day in and day out.I thank God every day for bringing my husband Leonard into my life because he sure makes me laugh! And, guess what! There are even some health benefits to finding a man (or a friend, acquaintance or anyone that can make you laugh!) Who knew?!What are the benefits you ask?
- A smile on your face caused by laughing can lower blood pressure and cholesterol while also strengthening your immune system! It goes without saying that laughing also reduces both physical and emotional tension and stress.
- Did you know that hearing or seeing someone laugh is more contagious then a cold or the flu! How many times have you just smiled after seeing a complete stranger cracking up? I do it all the time!
- Laughing will also help you increase your blood flow this protecting you from some cardiovascular problems.
- Laughter also alkalizes your entire body! Since stress is known to cause toxins in our digestive system and tissues and more laughter means less stress your body will be left with more alkaline minerals to help fight disease.
- It will make you HAPPY! Laughter triggers the release of endorphins which promote an overall sense of happiness and can even relieve pain/tension temporarily as you shift your focus away from any current pains/discomforts.
Need some alternative medicine? Try laughter!
- Laughing is FREE and who doesn’t love FREE?!
- Laughter also burns calories! A researcher from Vanderbilt University, Maciej Buchowski, did a small study to measure the amount of calories burned from laughing and the results were pretty impressive! 10-15 minutes of laughter can burn as many as 50 calories! In no way am I saying that laughing can replace your workout but a little extra laughing here and there certainly can’t hurt!
- Studies show that every muscle in your body will stay relaxed for up to 45 minutes after a good chuckle!
- The best part, there are NO negative side effects to laughter! Well, unless you count the annoying side effects of that obnoxious laughter! Just kidding!